Canada’s biggest cottage show is back with over 550 exhibitors
Special main stage appearances from Colin & Justin (Colin and Justin’s Cabin Pressure), Rob Serediuk (What’s for Sale?), Cottage Life magazine Editor-in-Chief, Michelle Kelly, Debbie Travis and Breakfast Television/Cityline’s Frank Ferragine (a.k.a. Frankie Flowers)
Walk-through model cottages from Guildcrest Homes
(Toronto, Ontario, February 22, 2016) – The 2016 Spring Cottage Life Show, a tradition signaling cottage season is just around the corner, returns to The International Centre in Mississauga, Friday, April 1 to Sunday, April 3. More than 550 exhibitors will reignite the excitement of heading back to the lake with everything a cottager needs and wants, including boats, docks, water toys, paddle sports, décor and furniture as well as hundreds of experts in cottage building, renovations, septic systems, water treatment and green-energy solutions. Special features of the three-day show will include walk-through model cottages, grilling demos, a dock party, kids activities and special appearances from Cottage Life celebrities including Cabin Pressure’s design duo Colin & Justin and What’s for Sale?’s Rob Serediuk, as well as renowned décor maven Debbie Travis and Citytv’s gardening expert, Frank Ferragine (a.k.a. Frankie Flowers). Admission is free for kids 12 and under, $9 for youth aged 13 to 17; $18 for adults and $26 for a three-day adult weekend pass.
This year, not one, but two marquee model cottages showcase the growing trend of factory-built modular cottages from Guildcrest Homes. The high quality, energy-efficient cottages will give guests a first-hand look at the big appeal of buying affordable and contemporary retreats with small footprints that disturb less of the natural landscape and provide more opportunity to enjoy outdoor spaces. The mini cottages, chock full of creative storage solutions, open lofts and natural light showcase the quality that a Guildcrest home can offer.
Main Stage Special Appearances
- Frank Ferragine (a.k.a. Frankie Flowers), Friday, April 1 at 1:30 p.m. – Presented by RIO A Carnival of Blooms, Canada’s most trusted garden expert will inspire cottagers for all types of gardening and offer solutions to the most common cottage gardening challenges such as drought, temperature swings and critters. Immediately after his stage appearance, show goers will also be able to meet Frankie in person at the Outdoor Room at the Cottage Dock Party with his new book, “Food to Grow”.
- Debbie Travis, Saturday, April 2 at 11 a.m. – Brought to the main stage by Sears Canada, the renowned Canadian décor maven will share ideas for creating beautiful and functional outdoor living spaces.
- Cabin Pressure’s Colin and Justin – Saturday, April 2 at 2 p.m. – The Scottish design duo will be on stage to give tips and ideas for cottage décor. The lads will be renovating a cottage property for the rental market on Season 3 of Colin & Justin’s Cabin Pressure, which premieres on Cottage Life Television, Sunday, March 20 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT
- Michelle Kelly, Editor-in-Chief of Cottage Life magazine will give a special on-stage presentation for cottagers on Sunday, April 3 at 12-noon.
- Rob Serediuk host of What’s for Sale? – Rob Serediuk, of Chestnut Park Real Estate Brokerage and host of What’s for Sale?, a house-hunting show set in cottage country, will be on stage throughout the weekend engaging the audience with real estate tips and trends for prospective cottage buyers, sellers and renters. When he’s not on stage, Rob will be on hand at the Chestnut Park Real Estate Brokerage booth on the show floor. New episodes of What’s for Sale? air on Cottage Life Television, Tuesdays, at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT
- Wood finishing experts from CIL will be on stage daily with how-to tips and tried and tested solutions for all types of wood care.
The famous Cottage Life Dock Party returns as the social hub of the show complete with cold beverages from Muskoka Brewery. The party offers guests an opportunity to lounge in the Outdoor Room, which will be giving out samples of their popular, resilient RIO a Carnival of Blooms flower. Frankie Flowers will be on hand in the Outdoor Room on Friday, April 1 after his presentation on the main stage to sign copies of his new book “Food to Grow.” The Dock Party supports the Cottage Dreams Cancer Recovery Initiative, which last year was able to help 200 cancer-surviving families with proceeds from the show.
More than 100 realtors from all over Ontario’s cottage country will be available for cottagers-to-be looking for a new build, a turnkey cottage or a cozy cabin ready to renovate. It’s the only opportunity of the year to comparison shop thousands of listings without leaving the city.
The Cottage Kitchen will offer live demonstrations and new food ideas throughout the show. Foodland Ontario will present a Masters of the Grill program featuring BBQ guru Ted Reader’s step-by-step instructions on how to clean and cook fish. Also on our cooking stage, Broil King presents Chef Naz Cavallaro, known to his friends as BBQ Naz, who will share his grilling tips so you can get the most out of your barbecue or smoker. Cottage Life magazine favourite Jane Rodmell of All the Best Fine Foods and recipe tester, Tony Armstrong of Headwaters Community Farm and Education Centre will take the stage to cook up recipes taken from the pages of Cottage Life magazine. Additionally, peanut butter recipes perfect for a cottage weekend will be presented by Adam’s 100% Natural Peanut Butter.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to stop by and say hello to everyone who brings the Cottage Life brand to life in print, online and on television. Cottage Life has partnered with Sears to offer a lounge space for guests to hang out and relax, share stories from the lake and enjoy special, unscheduled pop-in guest appearances from Cottage Life celebrities.
The show has plenty of features and attractions for kids and families to enjoy:
- The Family Activity Centre, in partnership with Camp Mini-Yo-We, will give families the chance to make nature-themed crafts featured in the Coleman camping zone and will include a special play area offering two hours of free child minding for kids aged 2 to 12
- The Tree Planting Zone is where kids will get to select and prepare a white spruce seedling to take home and plant
- Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry’s display featuring fish tanks, a casting simulator, nature-themed activities and free Fire Safety colouring books
- Expert contractor Wayne Lennox will demonstrate how to build an outdoor shower
- Cottage Wildlife Centre will have live cottage wildlife critters for kids to see up close
For the latest show additions, online tickets, event times, and more info about the Spring Cottage Life Show, visit cottagelife.com/shows.
2016 Show Dates and Times
Friday, April 1 10am – 8pm
Saturday, April 2 9am – 7pm
Sunday, April 3 10am – 5pm
Youth (13-17): $9
Children 12 and under: Free!
Weekend pass: $26
Box Office Only Specials
Seniors (65+): $13 on Friday, April 1
Save $4 after 4pm on Adult tickets on Friday & Saturday: Regular price $18 – special $14
- Online tickets are available at www.cottagelife.com/shows
- See the ad in Cottage Life magazine’s Spring issue for a special online ticket price offer
- Parking for more than 5,000 cars is FREE at The International Centre.
6900 Airport Rd. at Derry Rd.
Enter at Halls 1, 2, and 5
Cottage Life Media, a division of Blue Ant Media, has been the definitive source for weekend living entertainment since 1988. Cottage Life Media publishes Cottage Life and Cottage Life West magazines and broadcasts the Cottage Life television channel across Canada. Cottage Life Media produces the annual Spring and Fall Cottage Life Shows in Toronto and the Edmonton Cottage Life & Cabin Show. cottagelife.com