@cottagelife #cottagelife #cottagelifeshow
(Edmonton, AB, April 11, 2018) – Canada’s favourite handymen duo, Kevin and Andrew Buckles, also known as the Brojects, are coming to Edmonton to meet with fans at the Edmonton Cabin Life & Cabin Show at Edmonton’s EXPO Centre, in Hall C from Friday, April 20 to Sunday, April 22. Their new series, Brojects: Built for the Weekend, which sees the brothers building inventive and fun projects for different families, mirrors the spirit of the weekend-long Edmonton event, a one-stop destination for cabin owners, campers and outdoor enthusiasts alike to get inspired for spring and summer.
The Cottage Life & Cabin Show, which draws in attendees from all over Alberta, as well as Saskatchewan and British Columbia, is the region’s premier destination to comparison shop among more than 150 exhibitors specializing in cabin season, including contractors, specialty building products, green energy solutions, furniture, decor, outdoor accessories and more. All weekend long, the Show will offer free main stage presentations on everything from wood working and cabin rental management to live cooking demonstrations and fire safety. Visit the Show website here.
2018 Edmonton Cottage Life & Cabin Show Highlights:
Cottage Life Booth – Cottage Life TV brothers Andrew and Kevin Buckles will be in the booth on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to take pictures and chat with fans about their brand new series, Brojects: Built for the Weekend. Show-goers will also have the chance to take advantage of special subscription offers, sign up for Dockside, Cottage Life’s free weekly e-newsletter and meet with the Cottage Life team.
Custom-built, walk-through models – Visitors will be able to take a look inside several, large-scale, custom-built structures perfect for lakeside or wooded properties.
Main Stage – Cottage Life brings its best-in-class expertise, advice and ideas to life on stage with a lineup of can’t miss presentations. Main stage session times will be posted on the Edmonton Cottage Life & Cabin Show website and in the Show Guide.
- Deck Building 101 – Cottage Life magazine’s Workshop Editor, Braden Alexander will be on stage to discuss deck building pro tips with inspiration from the brand new original Cottage Life TV series, Lake Docks & Decks.
- Six Tools and Techniques – Woodworking expert and regular Cottage Life contributor, Paul Lewis will show visitors how to build almost anything at the cabin while staying on a tool budget.
- Renting your Cabin: Nikki Stone from Canada Stays will be on stage to share valuable tips and advice on turning your cabin into a rental property.
- Wildfire prevention: Laura Stewart from FireSmart Canada will give a talk on fire safety at your cabin or campsite.
- Rescued Raptors: The Alberta Society for Injured Birds of Prey will give attendees a close-up look at several magnificent rescued birds of prey.
- Shoreline conservation: Janine Higgins from Alberta Environment and Parks will discuss simple steps to keep Alberta lakes cleans and the importance of shoreline conservation.
- Chainsaw Safety: a must-see demonstration on chainsaw safety with Wade Smith from Edmonton’s Southbrook Safety and Consulting.
Food and Cooking Demonstrations – The main stage will also offer a variety of fun cooking demonstrations and free samples. Attendees will glean rib and shrimp grilling secrets from world barbecue champion Brian Misko as well as summertime sides and epic sauces from Edmonton-based chef Daniel Huber. The kitchen stage will also feature a cooking demonstration with locally sourced, homegrown spices and herbs with Aga, the owner of Edmonton-based Herbologie.
Archery – Showgoers looking for a fun distraction will be able to try their hand at an inflatable archery booth, complete with targets, bows and foam tipped arrows, set up by Cabela’s.
Shopping – Visitors will have the chance to shop from 150 exhibitor booths set up on the show floor including builders, contractors, innovative building products, green solutions, decor and style, arts and crafts, food and entertaining, and more.
Edmonton Cottage Life & Cabin Show times:
Friday, April 20 – 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, April 21 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, April 22 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Edmonton EXPO Centre (Hall C)
7515-118 Ave. NW
Youth (13-17) $7
Children under 13: FREE
Weekend Pass: $18
Seniors (65+): $9 (Friday only)
Cottage Life Media, a division of Blue Ant Media, has been the definitive source for weekend living entertainment since 1988. Cottage Life Media publishes Cottage Life and Cottage Life West magazines and broadcasts the Cottage Life television channel across Canada. Cottage Life Media produces the annual Spring and Fall Cottage Life Shows in Toronto, the Ottawa Cottage Life & Backyard Show, the Edmonton Cottage Life & Cabin Show and the Seasons Christmas Show in Toronto. cottagelife.com