Shop Local at the Makeful Market, Take Part in Seasonal Craft Workshops, See Holiday-Inspired Stage Presentations, and Meet Santa
Fri., Nov. 22 – Sun., Nov. 24, 2019 at the International Centre in Mississauga
(Toronto, ON – November 4, 2019) – The Seasons Christmas Show brings together local artisans, talented food-makers, and DIY craft enthusiasts to offer visitors a one-stop-shop destination to immerse themselves in the holiday spirit. Learn seasonal decor secrets from celebrity stylists appearing on stage at the show, browse through a selection of handmade one-of-a-kind items from almost one hundred local artisans in the Makeful Market, test out your crafting skills at the holiday-themed Makeful Workshops, and don’t forget to take a selfie with Santa in front of our giant Christmas tree. The Seasons Christmas Show returns to the International Centre, Mississauga from Friday, Nov. 22 to Sunday, Nov. 24. Tickets are available now on the Seasons Christmas Show website here.
Continuing its tradition as the best place to find holiday inspiration, the Seasons Christmas Show’s main stage features Cityline’s trends forecasting expert Lynn Spence who curates her favourite festive finds from the hundreds of vendors taking part in the show.
Celebrity florist, TV personality, and owner of Kate’s Garden, Kate Seaver, demonstrates how to create Christmassy Instagram-worthy moments, from tree decorating to floral arrangements.
For the foodie in your life, celebrity chef and author of Dish-Do-Over Jo Lusted will be on-hand to show visitors how to create the ultimate mouth-watering displays for holiday entertaining.
Inspired by the DIY Makeful TV channel, the Makeful Market offers attendees a curated shopping experience and a chance to purchase unique one-of-a-kind handmade gifts and stocking stuffers from passionate local artisans. From gourmet chocolate bars to espresso face cream, soy candles, eco-friendly jewelry, edible ornaments and more, visitors can shop, taste and experience the best the season has to offer.
With the DIY maker culture booming across the GTA, the Seasons Christmas Show’s Makeful Workshop offers attendees the opportunity to experience a range of hands-on holiday-themed craft sessions, from making burlap wreaths to evergreen table toppers and paper quilled gift tags, visitors can learn a new hobby and show off their artistic creations.
No holiday show would be complete without Santa himself making an appearance. The jolly man in red will be on hand at the show every day to chat and take selfies with visitors. Santa will visit the show on Friday from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
2019 Seasons Christmas Show Highlights:
Main Stage Line-Up Highlights:
- Lynn Spence – From fashion, decor, gifts and more, Cityline style expert Lynn Spence will show off a wide array of fabulous holiday finds from the vendors and makers on the show floor.
- Jo Lusted: Chef, TV host and author of Dish Do-Over, shows how to create the ultimate mouthwatering holiday display for easy entertaining.
- Kate Seaver – Celebrity florist, TV personality and owner of Kate’s Garden, Kate will host a main stage presentation showing attendees how they can achieve Instagram-worthy tree decorating and floral arranging.
- Jackie Morra – Jackie is a design and lifestyle expert and TV personality who will be demonstrating tips and tricks on how to repurpose everyday items to create holiday decor arrangements.
Makeful Market: The best place to purchase handmade gifts from true makers and local artisans. See the full list of vendors here.
The Makeful Workshop:
- Mini Evergreen Table Topper– Create a mini-table topper with Kate Seaver using fresh-cut evergreens and decorate it with holiday trimmings. It will last up to 6 weeks.
- Paper Quilling – Holiday Gift Tags – Add a personal touch to your gifts with decorative paper quilled gift tags. Join Deepa Krishnan to learn the creative art of paper quilling which involves rolling and shaping thin strips of paper to create three unique gift tags that will make your presents extra special.
- Holiday Burlap Wreath – Make an entrance with a burlap holiday wreath for your front door. The team from Crafty Creatures will show you how to weave the burlap and decorate your wreath with supplied seasonal floral decor.
- Glass Ornament: Join Hasmig of Green Gardens Succulents to create a holiday-inspired succulent ornament to hang on your Christmas tree.
- Fireplace Stocking Hanger: Create a festive stocking hanger to proudly display on your fireplace mantle. The team from Crafty Creatures will supply all the materials and you get to customize your design by choosing your own miniature details, including woodland creatures, bears and Christmas themed decals.
- Gingerbread Box Workshop: Come and create a package that’s good enough to eat! Participants will get to practice their piping skills and make a fondant bow to decorate their edible gingerbread gift box.
Show Dates and Times:
Friday, November 22 – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, November 23 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, November 24 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The International Centre, 6900 Airport Road, Mississauga, ON, Hall 5
FREE PARKING (more than 7,500 parking spaces available)
Youth (13-17) $12
Children (under 12) FREE
Seniors (65+) $12
Groups (6 or more) $10 (online only)
Friday Night Specials (at the door only): 2 for 1 admission after 4 pm; Youths (13-17) FREE