The Virtual Cottage Life & Outdoor Living Show is a one-stop destination where guests can enjoy live talks and demonstrations, connect with exhibitors, shop exclusive offers and plan their next summer project
Scott McGillivray, celebrated TV personality, real estate and renovation expert, offers advice about what to consider when buying a cottage
Sue Aikens, star of Cottage Life TV’s hit series Life Below Zero, gives fans a personal tour of her remote home in Kavik, Alaska
Running from March 26-28, Canadian cottage goers can register for FREE admission at cottagelife.com/shows
(Toronto, ON – March 8, 2021) The annual Spring Cottage Life Show is helping Canadians plan for cottage season with the launch of the Virtual Cottage Life & Outdoor Living Show, running online from March 26–28. Following the success of last November’s Virtual Fall Cottage Life
Show, the spring show, which typically takes place in-person in Toronto, Ottawa and Edmonton, has gone virtual, offering Canadians nationwide the opportunity to have a variety of cottaging resources at their fingertips. The user-friendly platform allows guests to shop the latest boats, docks and water toys; chat with exhibitors; and find information on builders, contractors, innovative building products and eco-friendly solutions. Attendees can also connect with the experts of Cottage Life magazine, watch virtual seminars and participate in Q&As with guest speakers, including renowned television personality, real estate and renovation expert Scott McGillivray and Cottage Life TV’s Life Below Zero star Sue Aikens. The Virtual Cottage Life & Outdoor Living Show runs from Friday, March 26 to Sunday, March 28. Canadians nationwide can register for FREE admission at cottagelife.com/shows.
Whether attendees are looking to buy their first cottage, plan a significant rebuild or small renovation, browsing for decoration inspiration, or simply looking for ways to make the most of their time away from the city, the Virtual Cottage Life & Outdoor Living Show is a one-stop online destination for both new and seasoned cottagers to find inspiration and get expert advice.
Joining the virtual Main Stage, real estate and renovation expert, and Executive Producer and host of Scott’s Vacation House Rules, Scott McGillivray, chats with Editor of Cottage Life magazine, Michelle Kelly, about the recent real estate market boom in cottage country and offers advice on things to consider when buying a property; Cottage Coach DIYer Adam Holman demonstrates how to build a picnic table for the kids this BBQ season; Blue Ant Media’s Mobile Syrup’s Bradley Bennett gives Cottage Life magazine Associate Editor Alysha Vandertogt his top tech tips on how to work remotely and stay connected at the cottage; and FOCA (Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Association) Executive Director, Terry Rees, talks with Cottage Life magazine Deputy Editor Liann Bobechko about the growing interest to move to the cottage full-time. In the Cottage Life Screening Room, show-goers will be treated to an all-new episode from Cottage Life TV’s Life Below Zero, Season 8, featuring the standout star from the series, Sue Aikens. Here, attendees will also be able to watch Sue Aikens give a personal tour of her off-the-grid home in Kavik, Alaska and answer fans’ questions.
Virtual Cottage Life & Outdoor Living Show Highlights:
Main Stage (Presented by Beaver Homes and Cottages): Cottage Life brings its best-in-class expertise, advice and ideas to life on a virtual stage with a lineup of can’t-miss seminars and demonstrations, including:
- Scott McGillivray – Celebrated TV personality, real estate and renovation expert, Scott McGillivray, will take to the virtual stage to chat with Editor of Cottage Life magazine, Michelle Kelly, about where potential cottage buyers should start their search and what to consider when making such a life-changing purchase.
Scheduled daily at 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT. Guests can send Scott their questions in advance for him to answer at the show by tweeting @CottageLife on Twitter with the hashtag #CottageLifeAskScott
- Adam Holman – Cottage Coach and DIYer, Adam Holman, will take audiences through a step-by-step demonstration on how to build a kids’ picnic table for your cottage—or backyard! Scheduled daily at 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT. Followed by LIVE Q&A.
- Mobile Syrup Tech Talk – Working remote from the cottage? Cottage Life magazine Associate Editor, Alysha Vandertogt, interviews Bradley Bennett from Blue Ant Media’s Mobile Syrup on how to become a tech-savvy cottager and stay connected up at the lake. Scheduled daily at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT. Followed by LIVE Q&A.
- Peter Lillico– FOCA (Federation of Ontario’s Cottagers Association) Estate Lawyer, Peter Lillico, conducts an introductory “Cottage Succession ABCs” class, where he will break down where to begin with your succession plan.
- Terry Rees – FOCA (Federation of Ontario’s Cottagers Association) Executive Director, Terry Rees, talks with Deputy Cottage Life Editor, Liann Bobechko, about the growing popularity to move to the cottage full-time as a direct result of the pandemic.
Great Outdoors (Presented by Subaru Canada): Ahead of the bird spring migration season, online show-goers can hear from expert birder and Director of Citizen Science and Community Engagement for Birds Canada/Oiseaux Canada, Jody Allair, about the exploding popularity of bird watching. Jody will reveal some recognizable bird songs to listen for at the cottage, and chat with Editor of Cottage Life magazine, Michelle Kelly, about ways to make your property bird-friendly.
Cottage Workshop (Presented by Home Hardware): Master Cottage Life builder Wayne Lennox and workshop partner Brian Halbot show audiences how to build an economical and water-efficient outhouse.
Cottage Lifestyle Stage (Presented by On the Water Designs): The Cottage Lifestyle Stage promises to be the social hub of the virtual show, where guests can have fun experimenting with some tasty outdoor entertaining ideas. Cottage Life resident cook Tony Armstrong returns to whip up some fun and delicious family-style meals and snacks.
Cottage Life Screening Room (Presented by Timber Mart): To celebrate Cottage Life TV, now in Free Preview, online show-goers can catch new and returning fan-favourite shows in the Cottage Life Screening Room alongside a special guest star appearance from Life Below Zero, Sue Aikens.
- Sue Aikens – Cottage Life TV’s Sue Aikens, will visit the Screening Room to give fans a personal tour of her remote home in Kavik River Camp, Alaska. Season 8 of Life Below Zero, starring Sue Aikens, premieres March 9 on Cottage Life TV during the channel’s nationwide free preview event, running now until May 2. Scheduled daily at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT.
The Cottage Life Screening Room playlist includes an all-new episode from Season 8 of Life Below Zero, a series produced by BBC Studios Los Angeles’ production arm,and an exclusive sneak peek of the new original Cottage Life TV series Wild Pacific Rescue, which follows the Vancouver Aquarium’s Marine Mammal Rescue team as they save and rehabilitate some of the ocean’s most extraordinary creatures, ahead of its world broadcast premiere on April 14 at 8:00p.m. ET/PT.
Cottage Life Booth: While visiting the flagship booth, show-goers can meet and share their cottaging stories with the Cottage Life editorial team, take advantage of the Cottage Life magazine subscription offer, listen to The Cottage Life Podcast and take advantage of the Cottage Life Project Plans’ show special where guests can find everything from simple weekend DIY projects to more detailed builds. For the latest show additions and to register for FREE admission, visit: cottagelife.com/shows.