The Spring Baby Show offers a warm welcome to new parents who experienced many firsts in isolation during the pandemic
The two-day, in-person event features over 150 brands, live talks, exclusive deals and demonstrations from experts across Canada
(Toronto, ON – April 21, 2022) – The Baby Show, Canada’s leading pregnancy, baby and toddler event for the modern parent, returns this spring with over 150 brands, from May 14-15 at the Enercare Centre. The show provides a one-stop-shop for new and expectant parents to sample and buy the latest baby products, watch live demonstrations, listen to Canada’s top experts and benefit from exclusive discounts. For its first in-person event since fall 2019, The Spring Baby Show hopes to connect new and expectant families with a support system of leading pregnancy, parenting and health experts, so they can find the resources and tools they need to feel confident on their journey into parenthood.
The show features an impressive roster of child care brands and services, including Peg Perego, Baby Ddrops, Nomi, Love to Dream, Dekor, Aleva Naturals, Baby Gourmet, Hello Fresh, Babyganics (S.C. Johnson & Son), Wee Watch and more. Headline sponsors include buybuy BABY, Mastermind Toys, CST Savings and the popular speciality TV channel, Makeful. The Spring Baby Show Toronto runs Saturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15 at the Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place. Tickets are on sale now at thebabyshows.com.
During the pandemic, the number of babies born in Canada fell to a nearly 15-year low, with one-quarter of persons reporting they changed or delayed their fertility plans due to COVID-19. In contrast, 4% said they now want to have more children (source: StatCan). Although the pandemic didn’t deliver the baby boom many predicted, the recent announcement that Ontario will provide affordable $10-a-day child care might be the incentive some families in the province need to break the COVID-19 related baby bust.
The Spring Baby Show delivers all the essentials Ontarians need to plan for a baby under one roof with an immersive visitor experience that allows shoppers to get hands-on with brand product demonstrations, including testing car seats, strollers, cribs and more. Visitors can also sign up for free sleep consultations, learn prenatal yoga poses, be treated to complimentary massages on-site, and get tips and tricks from the experts on how to juggle parenting and working from home. Plus, visitors will receive a complimentary goody bag valued at over $25 and will have the chance to enter exclusive giveaways during the show.
Saturday, May 14, 2022 – 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, May 15, 2022 – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Enercare Centre, Hall D, Exhibition Place
100 Princes’ Blvd.
General (12+): $17
Child (5-11): $9
Infant (0-4): FREE
Purchase Tickets: https://www.tix123.com/tickets/?code=TBSTS22
- Free sleep consultations for helping with sleep challenges and creating sleep plans customized for families’ needs and values.
- The Makeful Marketplace, a shopping area featuring handmade products from local makers including Oak + Ben, Robot and Dinosaur, The Tacky Bee, Ponchies For Kids, Little Lovey, Bailey and Sophie, Mandi Mugginz and Teether Pals.
- Exclusive samples at the door from select exhibitors.
- Leading experts give presentations on the Seminar Stage and on the Health & Wellness Mat. See below for speaker highlights.
- Free massages from Medix College.
- Julie Cole: Mother of six, Julie Cole, co-founder of the award-winning children’s label manufacturer Mabel’s Labels, with humour and practical advice, will share tips on how to manage a business, babies and blogging without losing your cool or mind.
- Taya Griffin: International board certified lactation consultant Taya Griffin will discuss pain-free nursing and the secrets of a great latch.
- Alanna McGinn: Founder of Good Night Sleep Site brings her “This Baby Loves Sleep” workshop to The Baby Show where she will explain the fundamentals of healthy sleep as it applies to babies and you will walk away with the proper sleep tools that you can use to encourage healthy sleep for your family right away.
- Dr. Sarah Mickeler and Dr. Olivia Avolia: Join our West End Mamas chiropractors, Dr Sarah Mickeler and Dr. Olivia Avolia, as they walk you through some of the easy, at-home things that you can do to feel your best during pregnancy and learn easy at-home tips on how to get your baby into a better position for an easier birth.
- Reena Parek: Learn about why core and pelvic floor health is important to consider during pregnancy with Reena Parek. Her demo will also include gentle movements you can do in early postpartum “the fourth trimester” to reconnect with your body, regain function and rebuild strength.
- Leasa Wright: Registered prenatal yoga instructor Leasa Wright offers attendees a prenatal yoga demo sequence showcasing a variety of yoga postures that are accessible to the pregnant body; enhancing the mind-body connection with yourself and with your baby.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines for the Show:
The health and safety of our community has always been our main priority at The Baby Shows. We are committed to following all official government and local authority guidelines, as well as venue-specific regulations, to ensure our exhibitors, guests and sponsors can safely enjoy their experience. Visit The Baby Show website here to read the full COVID-19 policy.
The Baby Shows, owned and operated by Blue Ant Media, are premium pregnancy and early parenting consumer shows, offering goods and services dedicated to guiding new parents through pregnancy and the first few years of child care. With more than 250 local and national exhibitors as well as workshops, seminars and demonstrations from Canada’s leading parenting experts, the annual spring and fall time Baby Shows in Toronto are the largest consumer parenting shows in North America. thebabyshows.com
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. The company also produces and manages seven consumer shows across Canada every year, in a variety of lifestyle sectors including pregnancy and early parenting; great outdoors and cottage living; crafting, design and festive decorating; and more. Blue Ant Media’s consumer show portfolio includes the Spring and Fall Cottage Life Show in Toronto; Ottawa Cottage Life & Backyard Show; the Spring and Fall Baby Show Toronto; the Fall Baby Show Vancouver; and Seasons Christmas Show in Toronto. blueantmedia.com | Twitter⼁Instagram⼁LinkedIn
Press passes are available.
Please contact Melissa Michaels and Jakki Roussel for more details.