Katie Douglas, Devyn Nekoda, Bukola Ayoka, Kevin Alves, Frankie and Hale Grande, and more to appear on CBC’s GHOSTING WITH LUKE HUTCHIE AND MATTHEW FINLAN
Katie Douglas, Devyn Nekoda, Bukola Ayoka, Kevin Alves, Frankie Grande, Hale Grande, Luke Hutchie, Matthew Finlan
January 9, 2024 – CBC today revealed the nine celebrity guests joining GHOSTING WITH LUKE HUTCHIE AND MATTHEW FINLAN (8×30) on a quest to discover whether or not Canada’s most haunted places are truly haunted. The new unscripted paranormal comedy from Blue Ant Studios follows Hutchie (EZRA) and Finlan (Orphan: First Kill, EZRA), two actors known exclusively for their work in the horror genre, as they step off script and into their own real-life thriller, premiering Friday, January 26 with all episodes available on the free CBC Gem streaming service.
Created by Hutchie and Finlan, the series stars Katie Douglas (Ginny & Georgia, Level 16), Devyn Nekoda (Scream IV), Kevin Alves (Yellowjackets, Locke & Key), Bukola Ayoka (Robyn Hood), Frankie Grande (Big Brother), Jade Hassouné (Shadow Hunters), Zoé De Grand Maison(Riverdale, Orphan Black), Synthia Kiss (Canada’s Drag Race) and Hale Grande. Romi Shraiter (Ginny & Georgia) also appears as a surprise guest star.
GHOSTING brings a comedic spin to the paranormal genre and supercharges it with star power as Hutchie and Finlan invite their famous best friends to these notoriously spooky Canadian locales to reach a verdict of “haunted” or ‘not.”
Photos and bios available to download here.
- Case 101: The Merril House (Picton, ON) – Robyn Hood’s Bukola Ayoka teams up with Hutchie and Finlan to investigate The Merrill House, an eerie Victorian mansion supposedly riddled with chaos and death.
- Case 102: Olde Angel Inn (Niagara on the Lake, ON) – After fighting for her life in the Emmy-winning show Orphan Black and escaping the dark confines of a cult in the smash hit Riverdale, Zoé De Grand Maison joins Hutchie and Finlan to investigate a haunting case of true love and heartless murder at The Olde Angel Inn.
- Case 103: Castle Kilbride (Baden, ON) – Starring in the iconic box office superhit Scream VI, Devyn Nekoda’s infamous shriek will most likely ring down the halls of the mysterious Castle Kilbride as she helps Hutchie and Finlan explore this supposedly supernatural Victorian mansion. Once home to esteemed entrepreneur and politician James Livingston, this residence holds a haunting tale of grim accidents that are rumoured to have trapped lost souls forever.
- Case 104: SDG Jail (Cornwall, ON) – Between Summoning Sylvia and killing the undead, this Grande duo is no stranger to what goes bump in the night. Frankie and Hale Grande join forces with Hutchie and Finlan as they investigate one of Canada’s oldest and creepiest correctional facilities, the SDG Jail.
- Case 105: McDonald Cabin (Alliston, ON) – Surviving the horrors of the wilderness in Yellow Jackets, Kevin Alves should be right at home in a creepy cabin in the woods. Alves works together with Hutchie and Finlan as they investigate the notorious and potentially demonic McDonald Log Cabin in Aliston, Ontario.
- Case 106: Auchmar Manor (Hamilton, ON) – The star of horror sci-fi film Level 16, Katie Douglas knows a thing or two about staying alive. As she ventures into the supposedly sinister history of Auchmar Manor, Katie joins Hutchie and Finlan on their quest to discover if this decadent and dramatic residence is truly haunted.
- Case 107: Wellington County Museum (Fergus, ON) – Starring in Shadow Hunters, Jade Hassouné thinks he has what it takes to face any spirits. Strutting into Canada’s alleged “most haunted building,” Jade will delve into the ghostly past of the Wellington County Poorhouse with Hutchie and Finlan to investigate claims of the phantoms that lurk in the dark.
- Case 108: Orillia Opera House (Orillia, ON) – From death drops to killer performances, Synthia Kiss has performed on stages around the world, making her the perfect plus-one for an evening of fear and fun at Orilla’s historic Opera House. Fan favourite of Canada’s Drag Race S2, Synthia lip syncs for the afterlife and helps Hutchie and her biological brother Finlan investigate the fantastic phantoms of the Opera House–all while trying to stay snatched for the ghosts.
Jade Hassouné, Zoé De Grand Maison, Synthia Kiss, Romi Shraiter
GHOSTING will also air on CBC TV next spring, beginning Sunday, April 28 at 9pm (9:30 NT) and 9:30PM (10 NT), with back-to-back weekly episodes.
A CBC original series, GHOSTING WITH LUKE HUTCHIE AND MATTHEW FINLAN, is a Blue Ant Studios production produced in association with Luke Hutchie Productions. Luke Hutchie and Matthew Finlan are the Creators, Executive Producers and stars of the series. Executive Producers for Blue Ant Studios are Jennifer Harkness, Laura Michalchyshyn and Zachary Frank. Two-time Canadian Screen Award winner Maureen Riley (Still Standing, I Have Nothing) serves as series producer. For CBC, Sally Catto is General Manager, Entertainment, Factual & Sports; Jennifer Dettman is Executive Director, Unscripted Content; and Susan Taylor is Executive in Charge of Production.
Blue Ant Studio’s rights division holds global licensing rights.
About CBC/Radio Canada
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada’s national public broadcaster. Through our mandate to inform, enlighten and entertain, we play a central role in strengthening Canadian culture. As Canada’s trusted news source, we offer a uniquely Canadian perspective on news, current affairs and world affairs. Our distinctively homegrown entertainment programming draws audiences from across the country. Deeply rooted in communities, CBC/Radio-Canada offers diverse content in English, French and eight Indigenous languages. We also deliver content in Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Punjabi and Tagalog, as well as both official languages, through Radio Canada International (RCI). We are leading the transformation to meet the needs of Canadians in a digital world.
About Blue Ant Studios
Blue Ant Studios is a leading studio and award-winning production business with offices in Los Angeles, New York and Toronto. The company’s premium slate of programming spans documentaries and docuseries, scripted, unscripted, and reality competition, with recent hits including the award-winning competition series Blown Away (Netflix); original mixology cocktail competition, Drink Masters (Netflix), original competition series Race Against the Tide (CBC); the hilarious docu comedy I Have Nothing (Crave); award-winning docuseries The Kids in the Hall: Comedy Punks (Amazon); investigative docuseries Epstein’s Shadow: Ghislaine Maxwell (Peacock and SKY): Prince Andrew: Banished (Peacock) and groundbreaking documentary series Casey Anthony: Where the Truth Lies (Peacock). Blue Ant produces the multi-award-winning Canada’s Drag Race (seasons 1-4) and Canada vs. The World (Crave for Bell Media) with new seasons of each in production. Blue Ant Studios is a subsidiary of global media company, Blue Ant Media.
About Luke Hutchie Productions
Luke Hutchie Productions is an award winning independent LGBTQ+ film and television production company based out of Canada. Spearheading into the occult, the company’s creative focus is to produce horror genre projects that bring us into the modern day. Recent Luke Hutchie Productions projects include the award winning short form series EZRA.