The 2018 Spring Cottage Life Show Extended to Four Days – Thursday, March 22 to Sunday, March 25 at The International Centre in Mississauga
Can’t-miss live appearances from Cottage Life TV personalities, The Brojects, HGTV Canada’s Bryan and Sarah Baeumler, and the hosts of Cottage Life’s brand new original series, Lake Docks & Decks
@cottagelife #cottagelife #cottagelifeshow
Toronto, ON (February 12, 2018) – Cottage Life is giving Canadians one more day at the cottage this Spring! For the first time ever, the annual Spring Cottage Life Show will run for four days, Thursday, March 22 to Sunday, March 25 at The International Centre in Mississauga. This year the show is opening its doors a day early to accommodate the growing popularity and record attendance at the show, which is the largest, premier, one-stop destination to get ready for summer. Visitors will have the chance to shop from 600 exhibitors offering the latest in boats, docks, water toys and information on builders, contractors, innovative building products, green solutions, furniture and decor, arts and crafts, food and entertaining and more.
Back this spring is the renowned Real Estate Centre, the largest annual gathering of more than 500 Cottage Realtors representing 36 different regions in Ontario. Also, back by popular demand are a walk-through model cottage from Bonneville Homes, beverage sampling at the Dock Party and cooking demos on the Cottage Kitchen Stage.
Special celebrity appearances at this year’s show include: Cottage Life TV personalities, Brojects, Andrew and Kevin Buckles; HGTV Canada’s Bryan and Sarah Baeumler with RBC Insurance; wedding planner and the star of Makeful TV’s Crazy Beautiful Weddings, Lynzie Kent; Cottage Realtor, Rob Serediuk from Cottage Life’s What’s For Sale; and the debut appearance of the stars of Cottage Life’s brand new series, Lake Docks and Decks, Marshall Black and Simon Hirsh.
2018 Spring Cottage Life Show Highlights:
The Cottage Life Booth: Brojects Meet and Greet – Cottage Life TV brothers Andrew and Kevin Buckles will be on hand on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to take pictures and chat with fans about their brand new series, Brojects: Built for the Weekend. Cottage Life fans will also get the opportunity to chat with Cottage Life magazine Editor-in-Chief Michelle Kelly and the rest of the editorial team at the flagship booth. (Hall 2)
The Main Stage – Cottage Life brings its best-in-class expertise, advice and ideas to life on stage with a lineup of can’t miss presentations located in Hall 2. For the full mainstage schedule, click here. Presentations include:
- Cottage Real Estate – Rob Serediuk, a prolific Cottage Country realtor and the host of Cottage Life’s What’s For Sale, will take the stage on Thursday, Friday and Saturday with an informative session on the different types of cottage mortgages and best practices for financing your dream recreation property.
- HGTV Canada’s Bryan and Sarah Baeumler with RBC Insurance – The husband and wife stars of Bryan Inc. will take the stage on Saturday, March 24 at 11 a.m. to share renovation tips as well as tactics to help deal with the inevitable blunders that happen during cottage renovations.
- Planning a Cottage Wedding – From renting porta-potties to creating rustic dockside decorations, there’s a lot to learn in order to plan a cottage wedding. Prolific Toronto-based wedding planner and the star of Crazy Beautiful Weddings, Lynzie Kent, will take the stage with Cottage Life Editor-in-Chief, Michelle Kelly with valuable takeaways on how to plan a dream cottage wedding.
- Behind the Scenes of a brand new Cottage Life series – Veteran dock builders Marshall Black and Simon Hirsh will take the stage to share the triumphs and challenges involved in shooting the first season of the brand new Cottage Life TV series, Lake Docks and Decks, which airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The series gives a step-by-step look into the creation of unique cottage docks that combine superior function with stunning design.
- Small Acts of Conservation – A horticulturalist from the Nature Conservancy of Canada will offer visitors tips about the simple things anyone and everyone can do to play a role in protecting and nurturing our environment such as planting native plants to create habitats for birds.
- Container Gardening with Kate Seaver – Horticulturalist and the owner of Kate’s Garden, Kate Seaver, will give step-by-step tips in planting low-maintenance, critter-proof gardens in containers as well as easy planting ideas for garden borders and shorelines.
- Additional stage presentations and demonstrations will include: Beauti-tone paints giving tips and tricks on painting and staining decks in the spring; chainsaw safety tips; and beautiful design ideas for your cottage with Angela Jones from Lakeshore Designs.
For full Main Stage schedule click here.
Model Cottage – Attendees will have a chance to walk through a beautiful, fully-furnished new model cottage design from Bonneville Homes. The Micro-Natur model featured has a beautiful, contemporary open-concept plan, expansive picture windows and 10-foot ceilings with stunning wooden beams. (Hall 4)
Cottage Garden – Attendees visiting the model cottage will walk through a cottage garden specially created by the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) that incorporates 1,000 square feet of beautifully landscaped native plants, shrubs and trees. An NCC spokesperson will be on hand to give out wildflower seeds and encourage visitors to play a positive role in fostering eco-smart environments at the cottage and in our backyards. (Hall 4)
NEW – Ontario Wood Passport and Prize Pack – The Ontario Wood Association will be holding a scavenger hunt for the chance to win a prize pack of beautiful wood-crafted products. Attendees will be eligible for the draw by picking up an Ontario Wood Passport at the show entrance and searching for all the Ontario Wood decals placed around the Show floor.
The Dock Party – The always-popular dock party gives attendees a chance to kick back and take a load off with a great mix of food and beverages to sample. This year’s Dock Party has more beverage choices than ever before, including premium beer from Muskoka Brewery, as well as craft cocktails from Walters Caesar, Social Lite, Top Shelf Distillery and Georgian Bay Spirit Co. Sample sales will benefit the Cottage Dreams Cancer Recovery Initiative. (Hall 2)
Cottage Workshop: Outdoor Bar Cart – This year, show-goers will be treated to a cottage-inspired workshop with veteran Cottage Life carpenter extraordinaire, Wayne Lennox, who will give audiences a walk through on how to make an outdoor bar cart. All lumber will be supplied by Home Hardware and visitors will be able to enter their names for a chance to win the finished product. (Hall 5)
Cottage Kitchen Stage – The Cottage Kitchen brings tasty outdoor entertaining ideas with daily cooking demonstrations and free samples. Cottage Life resident cook Tony Armstrong is back this year to whip up delicious appetizers and homemade bagels. Chef Jo Lusted, host of the TV series Compete to Eat, will show attendees how to give a healthy spin on comfort food and Claire Tansey, a prolific Toronto cooking instructor and radio and TV personality, will break down easy-to-prep meals perfect for casual summer nights at the cottage. (Hall 5)
The Great Outdoors – Get up close to some of the animals that inhabit cottage country including owls, falcons, snakes and turtles. Species at the show will include magnificent birds of prey from Wild Ontario and amazing reptiles from Scales Nature Park. The Aspen Valley Wildlife Sanctuary will provide information on how they help rescued animals in Muskoka. (Hall 5)
Cottage Country Outdoor Activity Zone – The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry is presenting a super-sized activity zone where families can build a fishing lure and try hooking “the big one” on the fishing simulator, while seeing local fish species up close in its aquarium. The booth will also have information on what do in case you encounter a bear in cottage country and how to keep bears away from your property; and firefighting staff will be on hand with step by step guides on reducing the risk of fires in cottage country. (Hall 5)
Cottage Games – Show-goers needing a fun break from the aisles will love the games area, complete with interactive, kid-friendly games including a giant Four In A Row, a Tumbling Tower and washer and bean bag tosses. (Hall 4)
For the latest show additions, online tickets, event times and more information about the 2018 Spring Cottage Life Show, visit www.cottagelife.com/shows
Thursday, March 22 – 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday, March 23 – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, March 24 – 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 25 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The International Centre
6900 Airport Road, Mississauga, ON
FREE PARKING (more than 5,000 parking spaces available)
Adult (18+) $20 (Thursday, Friday OR Sunday)
Saturday Adult $25 (Saturday OR flex: valid any one day of show)
Youth (13-17) $10
Children (under 13) FREE
Weekend Pass $30
Seniors (65+) $15 (Thursday and Friday only)
Thursday and Friday evening special: Save $4 after 4 p.m. on Adult Admission – onsite only!
Online tickets are available at www.cottagelife.com/shows
Parking is FREE at The International Centre
Cottage Life Media, a division of Blue Ant Media, has been the definitive source for weekend living entertainment since 1988. Cottage Life Media publishes Cottage Life and Cottage Life West magazines and broadcasts the Cottage Life television channel across Canada. Cottage Life Media produces the annual Spring and Fall Cottage Life Shows in Toronto, the Ottawa Cottage Life & Backyard Show, the Edmonton Cottage Life & Cabin Show and the Seasons Christmas Show in Toronto. cottagelife.com