The free ad-supported streaming channels, HauntTV and Crimetime, are now available on Samsung TV Plus to millions of Canadians nationwide
(Toronto, ON – May 3, 2021) – International producer, distributor and channel operator, Blue Ant Media announced today its FAST (free ad-supported streaming television) channels, HauntTV and Crimetime, are now available to stream for free on Samsung TV Plus in Canada. The partnership with Samsung builds on Blue Ant Media’s momentum and expansion into the FAST channel space, with Samsung TV Plus users having free, instant access to HauntTV and Crimetime’s highly addictive, unscripted paranormal and true crime programming, including Paranormal Survivor, See No Evil and In Ice Cold Blood. HauntTV (channel # 1420) and Crimetime (channel #1137) are available via the Samsung TV Plus app on 2016 – 2021 Samsung TVs and on select Samsung Galaxy mobile devices.
“We’re excited to bring Blue Ant’s FAST channels to the Samsung TV Plus platform and introduce our paranormal and true crime series to a new audience,” said Jamie Schouela, President, Global Channels & Media, Blue Ant Media. “This is the latest step in expanding our rapidly growing FAST offering and there’s more to come!”
Samsung TV Plus is a free ad-supported Smart TV video service, giving audiences access to news, sports, entertainment and more, without needing a subscription or add-on device. Pre-installed on all 2016 – 2021 Samsung Smart TVs, Samsung TV Plus is one of the top apps on the Samsung Smart TV platform.
HauntTV programming highlights on Samsung TV Plus include: Ghost Chasers (10×60’), exploring some of Europe’s most haunted locations, in search of proof ghosts really exist; Ghostly Encounters (83×30’), following the first-hand real-life accounts of those who have experienced chilling spectral run-ins; and World’s Scariest Hauntings (10×60’), exploring some of the most terrifying ghost and horror stories from around the globe.
Crimetime programming highlights on Samsung TV Plus include: In Ice Cold Blood (36×60’), hosted Grammy® Award-winning artist and actor Ice T, the series provides audiences with in-depth interviews, dramatic reenactments and archival footage to shine a light on shocking real-life crime cases involving sex, greed and murder; See No Evil (58×60’), a ground-breaking series unveiling how real murder cases are solved with the help of CCTV surveillance cameras; and Snapped: Killer Couples (10×60’), following America’s most dangerous duos and the evolution of their toxic relationships that drove them to commit crimes.
Full programming highlights for HauntTV and Crimetime listed below.
HauntTV’s launch titles:
- Ghost Chasers (10×60’; HD; Season 1)
Presenter Kay Nambier doesn’t believe in ghosts, but he’s always wondered what lies behind the stories. So he’s travelling to some of Europe’s most haunted locations alongside a team of acclaimed ghost hunters to gather hard evidence that will prove once and for all if they really exist.
- Ghostly Encounters (83×30’; HD; Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 and Season 4): Experiences with spirits aren’t just the domain of psychics and tarot card readers, many people believe they have been in the presence of a ghost. Ghostly Encounters looks into these cases and those who have experienced chilling spectral encounters. Using re-enactment, interviews and photography, Ghostly Encounters goes in-depth into these exhilarating run-ins.
- World’s Scariest Hauntings (10×60’; HD; Season 1): World’s Scariest Hauntings delves into another realm to reveal ghosts and horror stories from 10 terrifying locations around the globe. From exploring The Merchant’s House in New York City, to Montreal’s Griffintown district and the Edinburgh Vaults in Scotland.
- Haunted Case Files (13×60’; HD; Season 1): North America’s leading ghost hunters and mediums relive their most terrifying encounters with spirits, demons and other unknown entities. Featuring gripping interviews, powerful recreations and, in many cases, actual recordings – both audio and visual – of the chilling events.
- Paranormal Survivor (20×60’; HD; Season 2 and Season 3): Ordinary people relive horrifying real-life ghostly encounters. Their bone-chilling stories are told first-hand and unfold slowly using terrifying reenactments.
- Strange Evidence (32×60’; HD; Season 1): Across the globe there are 300 million surveillance cameras watching us – on the streets, at work and in our homes. At times, they capture images that do not follow the normal laws of physics and defy explanation. Strange Evidence follows a team of experts as they analyze this footage and uncover the scientific reasoning behind some of the most bizarre occurrences ever recorded.
- Boogeymen (13×60’; HD; Season 2): Boogeymen takes an in-depth look at the history of local monsters and travels to the small, picturesque towns where they appear to listen to both believer and skeptics as they investigate the most recent sightings.
- National Parks: Secrets & Legends (12×30’; HD; Season 2): National Parks: Secrets & Legends takes you beyond the ordinary into the virtually unexplored areas of North America’s national parks. From occult murders to a ghost in Yosemite, there’s a surprise behind every remote corner.
Crimetime’s launch titles:
- In Ice Cold Blood (36×60’; HD; Seasons 1 – 3): Hosted by Grammy® Award-winning artist and actor, Ice T (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit), this true-crime series combines in-depth interviews with dramatic reenactments and archival footage to shine a light on shocking real-life crime cases involving sex, greed and murder. Each hour-long episode explores an intriguing mystery with recollections from the detectives and those closest to the victims, recounting the twists and turns of the case and revealing how lust and greed could drive someone to kill.
- See No Evil (58×60’; HD; Season 1 – 4): Blue Ant Media’s original series, See No Evil, tells spine-chilling stories of murderers caught on tape. Using genuine CCTV and other secured surveillance footage from a variety of sources, each episode seamlessly mixes elements of real footage and gritty recreations to give viewers a shocking front-row seat to the darkest depths of murderers’ not-so-secret lives.
- Snapped: Killer Couples (10×60’; HD; Season 12): Snapped: Killer Couples follows the true-crime stories of America’s most dangerous couples, the series takes a deep dive into the turbulent lives these couples led. Through reenactments and gripping firsthand accounts, each episode examines the evolution of their relationships and tells the story of what ultimately drove them to commit crimes.
- Occult Crimes (10×60’; HD; Season 1): Occult Crimes examines police cases where dark forces are at work, from occult crimes, human sacrifices and satanic rituals. In these cases, the murderers blame the devil for forcing them to commit the most horrific and heinous crimes.
- An Unexpected Killer (8×60’; HD; Season 1): This compelling series takes a deep dive into homicide investigations through captivating interviews with potential suspects, in-depth examinations of the crime scene and reenactments. Each episode follows experienced homicide investigators who believe they are inches away from solving the case, until they come across a startling discovery that sends the investigation in a completely new direction on a hunt for an unexpected killer.
- A Wedding and a Murder (12×60’; HD; Season 2): A Wedding and a Murder examines the shocking true crime stories of brides, grooms and newlyweds whose hopes and dreams turned into real-life horror stories in which a wedding serves as a catalyst for murder. Anyone could be a suspect, from the bride and groom to a wedding guest.
HauntTV is a Blue Ant Media streaming channel now available to stream for free on The Roku Channel and Samsung TV Plus. Programmed with chills in mind, HauntTV is where the afterlife comes to life with a ghoulish lineup of series such as Ghostly Chasers, Ghostly Encounters and World’s Scariest Hauntings. Love jump scares and ghosts that go bump in the night? Good. You’re gonna love this channel. https://www.haunttv.ca/.
Crimetime is a Blue Ant Media streaming channel now available for free on The Roku Channel in Canada and Samsung TV Plus. As the home to true crime, all the time, Crimetime is the ultimate destination for this genre of programming with fan-favourite series such as In Ice Cold Blood, Snapped: Killer Couples and See No Evil. The channel serves true crime enthusiasts with a catalogue of gripping real-life stories, larger-than-life characters, plot twists and jaw-dropping discoveries. https://www.crimetime.ca